We are looking for a Business Development Support Person for the Xartec Salut project. This is a part time position (20/35h) and the professional should have experience in design and communication. We offer a unique project in a
multidisciplinary team that is building from scratch a reference tool for technology transfer & valorization of Health Technologies in Catalonia. This is an opportunity for personal/professional growth while having real impact in society.
● The main role of the selected candidate will be to generate Xartec Salut’s promotion material and design new activities to boost the dissemination of Xartec Salut’s initiatives.
● Support internal and external communication of the network.
● Direct contact with research groups and dissemination of research results.
● Organize events and support business development activities (building new partnerships, collaboration with industry and licences).
● Involvement in strategic projects and support daily activities of Xartec Salut.
● Master in Communication and or Design.
● Ideally but not mandatory to have a Technical University degree (Engineer or Biosciences) or previous experience in life sciences/health technologies.
● Demonstrable knowledge of publication processes, including Web and Digital communication channels (social networks).
● Ideally to have experience with technology, informatics and virtual environments.
● Analytic, organized and efficient are key traits for this role.
● Be professional, approachable and confident in sharing ideas.
● A team player with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills.
● Proficient in written and oral English.
Information and application
Applications should include the following documents:
● A cover letter specifying how your experience and interests match with the offered position.
● A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 20 October 2021.
The successful candidate will ideally start as soon as possible.
● A part time position at UPC for a 2-year project.
● Competitive salary based on experience.
● 20 flexible hours/week.
● Autonomy and work-from-home possibilities.
● Outstanding exposure to the research and tech transfer ecosystem of Catalonia.
● Living in Barcelona, a modern city with a lot of opportunities for innovation in the HealthTech sector.
● Young, dynamic and fun work atmosphere with social events.
UPC. The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (http://www.upc.edu) is a public institution of research and higher education in the fields of engineering, architecture, sciences, and technology; and one of the leading technical universities in Europe. Every year, more than 6.000 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in less than three months. UPC is the Spanish university that has obtained more projects from the Horizon 2020 framework.
CREB UPC. Since 1983, the Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering (https://creb.upc.edu) at UPC has been serving the needs of research, technological development, innovation, and knowledge transfer of companies, hospitals and institutions related to the field of health technologies. Its multidisciplinary staff includes more than 80 researchers, doctors and graduates in engineering and other disciplines. Our research teams and facilities are in the heart of UPC campus, giving solution to any need or demand from the biomedical field. Our applied research is organized in seven research areas: Biomaterials; Biomedical Signals and Systems; Dosimetry and Medical Radiation; Computer Graphics; Biomechanical Engineering; Robotics and Vision; and Instrumentation and eHealth. From these areas we support and promote innovation and collaboration, as well as excellence in research, scholarship, and training.
Xartec Salut (Xarxa de Tecnologies de la Salut) is made up of 47 research groups from Catalonia that belong to 17 different institutions. It aims to be a catalyst for R&D&I in the field of Health Technologies in Catalonia, promoting the exchange of knowledge and the transfer of technology between research groups, institutions, hospitals and companies. In addition, it aims to create and boost new innovative start-ups, offering more efficient tools for technology transfer with greater economic and social impact. Xartec Salut will reduce the gap between research and impact on the market, generating tools that facilitate the arrival of technologies that address the needs of the health world. The idea is to move forward by providing more efficient responses in terms of demand, responding to the speed of the market and adjusting to the real needs of the user.