Coordination and research duties in the project “Advanced Database for Biomaterials with Data Analysis and Visualisation Tools extended by a Marketplace with Digital Advisors”.
More info on the project: biomatdb.eu/
- Compile existing knowledge, classifications, ontologies, biomaterials terminologies, metadata structure, protocols, labels, and sources in the context of biomaterials.
- Collect stakeholder and testbed contacts and run quantitative surveys and qualitative interviews with practitioners on experiences and expectations on a Biomatarials database and marketplace. Set-up and creation of survey and interviews. Analysis and documentation of results.
- Elaborate meta use cases and define requirements for the biomaterial database and biomaterials marketplace.
- Specify the establishment of a label of biocompatibility in the biomaterials database to define the suitability of a biomaterial for use in a medical device or advanced therapy and to assist companies, especially SMEs. Integration of the created label system on biocompatibility within the database and data tools as well as on the marketplace, if appropriate.
- Collect relevant data, like biomaterial manufactures, solutions, categories, and demanders as well as existing open ontologies and databases. Gain an overview on the biomaterial landscape with a special focus on all European countries and worldwide.
31.000 €/year (gross salary).
Please, send your CV, together with a short motivation letter to email@example.com
Subject: BIOMATDB Job Application.
Required education level
Engineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
English: Excellent level.
- Domain expertise in the field of biomaterials
- Data and computer literacy
- Desire and confidence to learn new skills related to data mining
- Communication skills
- Ability to organize work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience in managing and coordinating work teams
- Ability to structure and write technical reports, scientific articles, patents, etc.
- Masters Degree or Doctorate in Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics for Health Science, Computational Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Research and/or Biomaterials.
- MANDATORY: Spoken, read and written fluent English.
Biomaterials, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering Research Group.
Barcelona 08930 EEBE. Av. Eduard Maristany, 16